« Home | Priceton Test # 1 and 2 » | Verbal sectional test » | Quant Sectional Test » | Princeton Test #1 » | School School » | Golden Crisis Fortnight » | The GMAT progress.... » | The GMAT plan was... » | Switching !! »

Princeton Test #3

If there was a exaspareated expression it would be less to express my state.

Can you belive it ?
Quant #incorrect - 9 ( 9,21,24,25,26, 34,35,36,37)
Verbal #incorrect -13 ( dont remeber the numbers bu yeah 2,3,11 )
and the scaled scores were 35 and 28 giving me a560 on Princeton #3.
Didnt feel like writing any other test.

I was all confident on the Quant , though bored on the Verbal ( it was tougher than expected). But Man ! 38 rocked me off..

Tell me it is the princeton's screwed up scoring algorithm or Adaptive nature !!

Labels:

i guess the adaptive nature was working here, although i believe that Princeton's algorithm isnt the best.

May be, but doesnt it warrant a better score in Quant atleast ? Its throughly demotivating. All through the test i thought i did better than Princeton #2.

9 wrong (with the first @ 9) and 2 clusters (24, 25 & 26 and 34, 35, 36 & 37 - which means u've had clusters of correct answers as well) and u get only a 35. No way!!! Of all the tests i've seen, Princeton had the worst Algo and this is more proof. That's definitely a 47+ score inblue (am i allowed to use ur real name???). dont worry :)
13 wrong in Verbal, with 2, 3 gone and the next one in 11 - i guess u shud be in the 30s.

Not the kind of score u'd be happy with i accept, but definitely a lot better than what Princeton says :)
just forget the score it gives u and analyse the test based on where u went wrong and why.

I see that u r still not completely comfortable with math - 9 wrongs is criminal. Work on it.
13 mistakes in Verbal is pretty much fine - just throw in some more preps and some more concentration, u migth just get it into the single digits and then u'll be fine.

Thanks ! A lot of people i talked to told me the same.
Now here is my improved strategy..
The aim is not to score 45+ in quant and 40+ in the Verbal.The aim is to get max question correct. I think i've had enuf of Princeton. I'll write a powerprep this week and i begin Kaplan now.

Now it really looks like a big priceton joke.

True ! 9 INCORRECT ON MATH IS CRIMINAL I need to pace my Math. This test i did an inky-pinky-ponky on the 34,35,36,37.. . Clearly means that the last ones do count as much as the first ones. Can get them wrong.

I have not taken a Priceton test, yet. Here is a link that is supposd to help convert http://www.gmatclub.com/content/resources/estimator/index.php

This time - u've got the attitude right :)

GMAT is not about getting such and such scores in Q and V - it is about maximising your correct answers. I had to pull myself back from saying that :) You could have seen me ranting the same way. I used to make statements like "My aim is a 50 in Q and 38 in V and a 720 overall". Around the last few days of GMAT i realised that it wasnt making any sense to approach an exam with that Attitude :)

I then realised that it is better to just forget everything and concentrate on what is in front of you - the Question to be answered. And GMAT being a 1 question at a time kinda test helps u in this. u dont see 30 questions at once and so u dont have to skim through the whole question sheet to figure out what u wanna answer.

You'll be thrown 1 Q and u have to answer it. Nothing else matters really :)

Btw - Kaplan is no different. It is not as bad as Princeton, atleast in the scoring algo. But my general understanding is that the level of difficulty in Kaplan is atleast a notch or two higher in Kaplan, compared to GMAT. Scoring 50 consistently in their Quants was what gave me confidence :) So yeah - Kaplan is just another Will-I-be-able-to-sit-thru-3-hrs test :)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment