« Home | What's up with my GMAT ? » | Interesting Essay Questions » | Kaplan Test 1 » | PowerPrep 2 » | PowerPrep 1 » | Princeton Test #3 » | Priceton Test # 1 and 2 » | Verbal sectional test » | Quant Sectional Test » | Princeton Test #1 »

Last week and the GMAT

Yeah I know I have been a lot more irregular both at the tests and blogging.
I booked the date.. G-Day is August 3 2006. Since I would not be able to take any prep leaves with office work, it didnt matter what weekday i wrote the test on.
I'd taken the GMATprep last to last sunday and ended up 680.( Q 46, V 38) It goes without saying, ithat was a big-big-big setback. I thought I was doing well but somehow couldn't hold my nerve on the test and went in to a couple of silly errors on the Quant as well. The test was a good learning though. I understood that its most important to be at peace with one's self when cracking the GMAT.
Sure, it took me a day or two ( and a whole lot of phone calls from friends) to get out of the shock and hit the books again. Through out the last week,I stuck to the OG and saw it to the end. Took my learnings from the Kaplan 800 and the practice questions where I erred. Most important of all, I gave myself time and peace to understand the little nuances . It was a difficut week indeed to battle with fears and still push on with the preps.
That has passed and after the last whole week of prep, took the Princeton 4 on Sunday. That gave me hope of a some good score. The test was good and I found myslef keeping the concentration levels throughout the test . 710 ( Q 46 V 41) was what the score read.
Now that I am done with most of the prep material, I am just planning to keep my cool. Believe ! and go hit it on Thursday. After today's break, i am planning the GMAT prep2 Tomorrow and that should be it.
With the OG behind me and 710 in my bag, it feels a lot better today but GMAT always creates apprenhensions and If's. Guess that It how it is in the last week.

Labels:

Good luck on the test man. Hope you give a debrief on how it went

Good Luck.

The test day performance is the most important thing, so if you can use the Red Bull and the Sneaker bar to maintain concentration, your 700+ score aint going anywhere. Believe in yourself and you will do well.

you surely will. i was in a very similar situation last year, and i almost just managed to complete my OG a day before the exam. then i thought to myself, ok, i know what i know - the best i can do is to translate "ALL" of that in the exam center. so i sat down and focussed as well as i could, and i think i landed a score i probably deserved (although i thought i could have done better). moral of the rambling - have faith !

Good luck! August 3rd is just around the corner! I think you have the right attitude about all of it! Confidence and calmness are key traits that you need to enter taht exam room with! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Cheers!

Unlike Forrest's, my dope was Frappuccino :-) All the best for your exam! Keep your cool and it should all work out ok!

Good luck and keep your cool

Hello Sir,
i am a GMAT aspirant, going to take GMAT in June 2007. I am looking for the soft copy for OG Math review and OG Verbal review, can you please help me out?? It's been a week now since i started the search...and posted requests in the Forums, to no avail.

I would be highly grateful if you could help me with the material.

Would be waiting for your reply...
Thanks
Regards
Sweety
(reshmahere1@gmail.com)

Hey, today is July 30th 2007.... now its 10:36 pm, I am taking the GMAT tomorrow....

I found you blog browsing the Internet, it was funny reading I am going through the same things. I don't know how your story ended, I hope you did great.

Well thats it. My last mock test score is lower than what I expected, but there is not much to be done now. I will keep my cool and try my best.

In the end things all work out... even when they dont work out! :-D

Those Students are preparing for GMAT exam and searching for preparation courses. Then i want to share some of my experience with them. I found e-GMAT courses for GMAT exam preparation. e-GMAT offers most comprehensive courses for exam preparation. Their courses are designed by their expert instructors.

Best Regards
Online Sentence Correction

Post a Comment