« Home | So much covered so long to go » | The Essay way » | Moving.. » | Chicago » | Detour - Cars, Maximum City » | Schools - and they are » | Why MBA ? » | Of GMAT, GPA and brands » | My GMAT Day !! » | The take on retake »

A little delay

I thought yesterday would be a nice day for my essays since it was a holiday. Well not entirely !

I have been busy with work ( including a little yesterday ) and down with a little fever ( fatigued) so most of the evenings have been less productive. I could not get my Recommender's kit ready by Tuesday evening. I rescheduled meeting my recommenders to the next week and that allows me to create kits for both my recommenders. Since I was not in the right spirit, I took to filling out some Online forms and got my transcript ready.

I am done with the Chicago essays 1, 2 ,3 a, b. The 3a is a real reilef and I am finally happy that I have it on paper now. I just have 3c to be penned now ( which should be done today because I have my matter ready ).

As planned I also reviewed the Goals essays and could polish it to an extent. I am still working on this until I get it right. I also started with doing my resume and I hope that should be done fairly fast.

This weekend I planning a trip home and before it I should have my reco kits,essays v1.0,resume v1.0 ready so that I have a complete Chicago package ready. My most important task for now is getting the reco kits ready and reviewing my essays.

I hope that's everything for a school

Labels:

the recos are taking really long to finish. I have been preparing to discuss reg recos with my manager for more than a week now. As we need to remind them of past incidents, we have to recollect every detail that happened in our professional life over the past few years in about a week or so. I have material for most of my questions now - but some tricky ones (read criticisms/weaknesses) are left behind. Guess i will meet with them tomorrow.

Good going. I dont hope for my recos to take long.I am gonna type out everything well and give them a complete package for each school.(OCD). I hope that should help them. I am just planning one more meeting in the beginning of sept last week to get a status check and have them hit the submit by oct first week. Besides since both of them sit just around the corner, i'll have time to exchange small tit bits over coffee or otherwise.
I HOPE IT DOESNT TAKE TOO LONG !!

Sounds pretty similar :)
Right from the OCD thing :P

All 3 recommenders of mine are ppl who stay in the same floor as i do. I thought this wudnt take so long, but i remember sending the reco requests to them way back in mid Aug. I must admit here that two of them went on long vacations immediately. So - better rush ur work and brief them ASAP.

Yup, recommenders ALWAYS take more time than you would expect them to :( It was a pain last yr as both my recommenders live in the US...

Anyways, good progress on the Chicago front. Keep up the pace! :)

Post a Comment