« Home | Detour - Cars, Maximum City » | Schools - and they are » | Why MBA ? » | Of GMAT, GPA and brands » | My GMAT Day !! » | The take on retake » | Done with the GMAT » | The final blow of GMATprep 2 » | Last week and the GMAT » | What's up with my GMAT ? »

Chicago

Just began to pen my chicago essays and I realize that space is premium. Zipping is an art !

Something about chicago:

  • No question that asks you to describe a leadership experience or a failure.
  • No question that asks you about team work,ethics,

Interesting, isn't it ?. The whole packet boils down to a single question " Tell me who you are ( the 3 short questions ) and why you want an MBA and Why from Chicago ?" With such a simple question, its a science to reveal all aspects of youself to the admission officer.

Writing for Chicago is like riding the roller coaster in yourself over and over again thorough the 20 + x years.

Labels:

just imagining what if apps didn't contain any space limits.
u surely won't know which is better - precise or elaborate.
it wud surely throw challenge to both adcom & appliers.

Definitely ram

But 100 words is a bit too concise me thinks! no?!?!

anyway - chicago has one more essay (the 500 word one) where u can speak abt something else. I am not lookin at the 100 word ones to really convey some different quality abt me. The choice of ur answres to these questions is what's gonna ur personality to the AdComm me thinks. U cannot convey anything huge with the essays as such. 100 words is just so little.

chicago is pretty much a "1 history essay + 1 personality essay + 3 fun essays" for me :)

I agree, the chicago app is a toughie, you hardly have the space to talk about the various things you might want to tallk abt. As Iday said, the short ans questions are more to do with your personality rather than your achievements.

Good luck! :)

Hey...i thought i had to leave a mark here...i read yr posts start to finish....i compliment u for the spirit in u....(vague?)....i definitely want to take up my MBA next year...and "thee shall be the guiding light..."

i wud luv to read yr essays ;)

AFAIK ,Chirag, you have a whole big gang planning their apps next year, you will have lots a company.

Post a Comment