« Home | Why MBA ? » | Of GMAT, GPA and brands » | My GMAT Day !! » | The take on retake » | Done with the GMAT » | The final blow of GMATprep 2 » | Last week and the GMAT » | What's up with my GMAT ? » | Interesting Essay Questions » | Kaplan Test 1 »

Schools - and they are

I had a few schools in mind. After my GMAT, I got a bit demotivated and went back to my schools. After speaking to a couple of current students and getting into the details of each schools, I am down to

  • Chicago October 18
  • Tuck November 30



When I started off, I even had Darden in mind but now [ after a closer examination ],I am beginning to have second thoughts about it.

I am still investigating the teaching methods at Tuck. If any one has insights on it please pour in your thoughts !They do not have any student ambassadors listed on their site as yet. Guess I will have to wait a little for the concerns to be addressed.

Hass/Columbia.

Yeah that is what I am into at the moment! Comparing, contrasting and weighing.I am beginning to have this feeling that Haas is too selective ( being only one of top schools on the West Coast). I guess I wont be too competitive there with lots of techies running for it.

Labels:

what's your concern about tuck teaching methods.

if you eager to proceed, you can look up for people email ids elsewhere on the website and shoot them emails. that should probably work till the ambassador program goes online.

Forrest, Well i hear its very tough academically and if so is it only lecture lecture !! That's the only concern.

Interesting list....

TO respond to your question on Tuck, its def not only lecture. Infact no top 20 BSChool in US is only lecture based. But all are not Harvard n Darden either to have a fully case-study based curriculam.

As for Darden, would be interesting to know why u r nt so convinced abt it anymore.

Are you looking at a career in finance and are absolutely sure of it? If not you might want to retake a look at Stern. Speak to current students about resources and job offers for non-fin people...

BOL!

BW says that Tuck's teaching methodology is 40-35-25 split for Case-Lecture-Others. Hope that helps. Whether it is Academically tough - is there anything which is academically easy??? May be i'm missing what u mean :)

u said u r comparing abt Haas and Columbia. U havent mentioned anything abt columbia!!! Apping?!?!

hobbes : Darden - Ah well, I dont how well i'll fit into an all case school. I talked to a current student and got this feeling. I am still working on it though.

Iday: thanks for the breakup,I guess I used the wrong word ( adcademic). I was concerned about the Quant part and that's why wanted to know the real scenario. I know I am going to fumble when numbers are in the air. I am more of a poet Engineer.

a poet engineer - LOL ;) i think you will survive pretty well, considering that there will be some real poets in the class as well.

As noted above Tuck uses a mix of teaching methods. It emphasizes the integration of business functions and is a general management school.

To get a better feel for it, read blogs of current Tuck students and try to correspond with some so that you can ask questions.

You may glean a little more information in my post after attending a conference at Tuck: http://accepted.typepad.com/admissions_almanac/2005/06/tucks_conferenc.html

Every one thanks for enlightening me on Tuck.
Linda: thanks for that link. It was interestng

Post a Comment