« Home | Submitted Wharton » | Phew ! Tuck, Wharton LBS.. » | Thinking about Tuck » | And I have news... » | I can't describe » | In the middle of nowhere » | Brooding over Wharton » | Miracle.. » | Submitted Tuck » | Chicago Interview Experience »

Long time.. no see..

Folks, first of everything , Thank you for the wonderful b'day wishes !
I know, its been long I wrote something . Believe me , I have just been idling around. Anyway here's a quick snapshot of what's happening.

MBA related
  • I met a fellow Chicago GSB Admit in Mumbai this weekend and we basically went over things like- housing, are we waiting on other schools, when to enroll, resign and so on.
  • Thought real hard on what all fellowships I can and want to apply for at the Chicago GSB. Believe me , I found the writing admission essays easier than this fellowship one. Its not so easy to write on economics and how one can help change the dynamics. I am going to work this one though before Feb 9 and fax it.
  • Wharton interview invites have started to go out for R2 and needless to say I am hoping.
  • To get any enrollment packet ready, I need my official transcripts and unfortunately my college has told me they wont issue another set of transcripts.Huh ! more following up there.

Non- MBA related


Office is a little laid back these days. This means I have a lot of time to read random things, Check out The world in 2007. I borrowed a paper copy from a friend.Some articles are really good. The TIME edition too has some good articles on the Global economy in 2007 and possibilities of economic slow down in US and its implications.

I have not got my laptop in operational state ( deliberately ) and I am kinda liking this wire-less-ness. Lot of time to chit- chat, reading and SLEEP of course. Nearly 8 months later I have began to cook again and get back to some art work as well.

Labels:

Belated Birthday Wishes!

Yeah Yeah - refresh ur culinary skills. u r gonna need them badly :)

What happened to ur photography trips??? The lat time u took some snaps was in October i guess! Go hit the roads again girl.

And yeah - Happy birthday again :)

This comment has been removed by the author.

belated birthday wishes.
btw this is ankush, came to know abt ur bday from iday's blog

Belated wishes for your birthday! Hope you had a good one.

This comment has been removed by the author.

All the best for your wharton apps

What are you planning to specialize in.I think Chicago is one of the best in finance.If you are online, lets chat over gtalk

Oops!!! thats not cool.
I work as a database admin (SQL Server) in Thomson financials, Bangalore.Was reading a nice article about the comparison of london was Ny as the financial captials.take a look, incase you are interested

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/jan2007/bs20070128_016697.htm?chan=bschools_bschool+index+page

Strategic consulting..ah!!! dunno anything about it, but heard its one of the hot paying jobs

hey, question for u
Why do you prefer Wharton over Chicago? Most of the ratings, Chicago comes first.

Chicago is a better place to be than Phily in terms of location. Its very similar to being in NY..otherwise you miss the fun..

yeah, i hear ya about the official transcripts. can be a pain in the backside.
all the best with Wharton and have fun while u can :)

That college you are talking about would never bend for studnts it seems!! Gave me a tough hard time to me too, the last time I was there... Would never agree for another set of transcripts... Did you try "I have lost my transcripts, now what?" fundaa?? :)

Sorry madam..I was not aware of..

Belated Birthday Wishes to you..Do great..Enjoy the Colors Of Life..

I did talk to KK... Have been on good terms with him after organizing I-MAZE.. And guess what? He too was unaware taht students from SPU submit a photocopy of transcripts while applying!! He said he will look into it, but also added that probably your juniors might benefit - not you, unfortunately...

Thats how it goes... on and on.. :)

Post a Comment